Considered to be one of the main enemies of those who suffer from it, greasy hair is the result of an undesirable exaggerated sebum production Stress, hormonal imbalance, pollution or incorrect use of products are some of the factors that cause greasy hair. If you add to these aspects the fact of touching the hair constantly, the situation worsens.
Before going in depth on how to deal with this aesthetic problem, it is important to bear in mind that hair grease does not appear for no reason. The function it performs is none other than to protect the skin external factors such as changes in temperature and humidity. greasy hair is the one that gets dirty the fastest. Did you know that?
Causes of greasy hair
Excessive sebum production in the scalp is mainly due to three factors:
- Stress Stress is the public enemy of beauty and health. Stress causes hair loss, skin blemishes and more premature aging, among others.
- Hormonal imbalance Hormones send messages to the organs telling them what to do. An imbalance can have serious effects on the body.
- Use of oleic products on hair Shampoos, oils, hairsprays and other products can cause an imbalance in the sebaceous glands.
- To these three factors we must add one more: we are constantly touching our hair even more so when we wear bangs.
But, the most important thing at this point is to identify if our scalp is oily due to hereditary, hormonal reasons or simply because of bad habits when caring for your hair.
In general, fine hair is the most affected, as its natural structure prevents it from absorbing excess oil, which ends up settling in the capillary pores.
You can follow some care to make clean hair last longer and apply some natural remedies to help absorb excess sebum. Take note!
Natural remedies for oily hair
Lemon has a number of benefits on oily hair. The astringent properties of lemon help to have healthy and clean hair It regulates the pH, cleanses and exfoliates the hair and has astringent properties.
In short, it helps regulate oil production and keep hair clean for a longer period of time. If, before preparing the home remedy, you want to know the properties of lemon, do not miss the article Lemon, rich in vitamin C with antioxidant effect.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 glass of mineral water
Step by step
- Cut and squeeze half a lemon.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with a glass of water.
- Apply the mixture from the middle of the hair upwards, without touching the ends.
- Massage gently and spend more time on those areas more prone to grease.
- Let it act for 10 minutes and remove the mixture with cold water.
- Follow this treatment 2-3 times a week.
Horsetail is a natural remedy with astringent properties that will help, on this occasion, to our hair to reduce excess oiliness of the hair If you haven't heard of it before, don't miss this article about ponytail.
Get a clean and radiant mane in just 6 easy steps!
- 4 tablespoons of horsetail (40 g).
- 1/2 L of water
Step by step
- Bring 1/2 liter of water to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the horsetail.
- Let stand until cool and apply to hair.
- Massage gently so that it is perfectly absorbed by the hair.
- Let it act for 5 minutes and then let it air dry.
- Follow this treatment twice a week.
In addition to being a plant rich in vitamins A, C and E with high antioxidant power, aloe vera stands out for its moisturizing, astringent and antibacterial properties. For all these reasons, it has become an essential ingredient in beauty treatments and care.
One of these treatments is the natural remedy for oily hair, find out how to do it!
- Two aloe vera leaves
Step by step
- Cut two sheets of aloe vera.
- Extract the pulp and blend it.
- Apply the cream you have obtained all over the hair.
- Let it act for approximately 20 minutes.
Other tips and tricks for oily hair
In addition to the three solutions mentioned above, we have added five other tricks and remedies for control hair grease We are going to give you some tips that will help you take care of it to the maximum. Let's go for it!
Use homemade face masks
Homemade natural hair masks are perfect for controlling excess sebum in the hair. We show you how to make the three best ones:
Egg white and lemon juice face mask
To prepare this mask, beat two egg whites and combine them with the juice of half a lemon. Then, wet your hair and apply the mask from the roots to the ends in several strands. You can take the opportunity to massage your scalp and de-stress your hair.
Let the mask act for about 20 minutes and rinse with plenty of cold water. You can apply this remedy up to 2 times a week.
Honey and lemon mask
In a bowl, mix 7 tablespoons of honey (170 grams) plus 3 tablespoons of natural lemon juice. Lightly wet your hair from the roots and massage the mixture all over the scalp.
Let the mask work for at least 30 minutes before rinsing with warm or cold water. The properties of both ingredients will strengthen your hair and regulate oil production.
Yogurt and chamomile mask
Natural yogurt is one of the best ingredients to regulate the pH of the hair. To prepare this mask, add 7 tablespoons of natural yogurt plus 4 tablespoons of lemon essential oil in a bowl. Apply this mask on your wet scalp with a massage and let it act for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Use a natural sebum-regulating shampoo.
Horsetail has been proven to be one of the best remedies for combat greasy hair You can make your own horsetail shampoo or use other shampoos available on the market. Avoid, as much as possible, shampoos with silicones.
Say yes to cider vinegar
That vinegar is one of the most widely used products for natural remedies is nothing new, but that it is an excellent natural remedy is not. natural sebum-regulator Just rinse your hair (after washing) with a cup of vinegar reduced by half with water.
If you have bleached hair, we advise you to rinse your hair with a cold infusion of mint or beer.
Wash your hair properly
One of the most common mistakes when washing our hair is to apply conditioner to the hair roots (scalp). Never do this for any reason, especially if you have oily hair.
Another common mistake is to wash your hair too often and with shampoos with excess silicones that do a disservice to the hair. We explain why. When we wash our hair too much, for example, daily, we are altering the production of sebum. Remember, it is natural that sebum is produced in the hair, altering its activity makes it unbalanced.
It is also important to know how to wash your hair, for example, it is advisable to apply the chosen shampoo with the fingertips using gentle rotating movements. It is not advisable to massage your hair frequently because it stimulates the hair growth. fat production .
Avoid touching your hair!
It's hard not to but avoid it as much as possible. Hands generate a lot of natural grease, which makes hair get dirty faster.
How to avoid greasy hair
In addition to trying the home remedies we have just mentioned, it is interesting that, in order to prevent the hair from getting greasy, we apply a series of tips in our day.
- Avoid washing your hair using very hot water; it is better if you wash your hair with warm and/or cold water.
- Say yes to rice masks that moisturize, smooth and stimulate hair growth. They are 100% natural and nourishing. This will help you especially if you have long, colored or damaged hair.
- When it's time to dry your hair, towel dry it and use a natural bristle comb to untangle it.
- Massage the scalp with an infusion with lemon slices with peel and a couple of drops of vodka. You can also boil dried horsetail leaves in a cup of distilled water.
How to make clean hair last longer
If you want clean hair to last longer, follow the tips and tricks in the article How to make clean hair last longer (and tricks to keep it from looking dirty) and get clean hair for longer.
In it we tell you why hair gets dirty so quickly, how often to wash it, tips to make clean hair last longer and how to disguise dirty hair. Goodbye dirty hair!